Jeffrey L. Brown, DDS
Dr. Jeffrey Brown grew up in the state of Maine and went to Bowdoin College, where he graduated Magna Cum Laude in 1982. He accepted early decision into the Georgetown School of Dentistry, and graduated from there in 1986. While at Georgetown, Dr. Brown worked in the Neurology Department as an assistant on a project that involved studying the regeneration of nerve tissue in the spinal column after major trauma.
Upon graduation from Georgetown Dental School, Dr. Brown worked for a short time as an associate in a practice in Falls Church, VA. From there, he moved on and built his own practice in the Fairlington neighborhood in Arlington, VA, creating one of the largest practices ever seen on the East Coast.
Dr. Brown took a short sabbatical to help raise his four young children and to continue his education. It was then that he began the process of understanding sleep apnea and how it correlates to TMJ treatment. His knowledge in the combined fields of TMJ, sleep and orthodontics has given him a perspective unlike most other practitioners who perform basic dentistry. In addition, Dr. Brown has also learned the advanced techniques involved in expanding an airway so that both children and adults can breathe better. His training continued over time at the famous Sleep Medicine Center near the Emory University Hospital. He is a certified Fellow of the American Academy of Craniofacial Pain, awarded the level of Legacy with the ALF Interface Academy and holds memberships with many academies.
In 2013, Dr. Brown met Dr. Brendan Stack and was immediately impressed with the success Dr. Stack had in treating TMJ cases and being able to repair so many damaged lives. For Dr. Brown, helping people by dealing with their debilitating TMJ issues became his second calling. And, as they say, the rest is history!
Articles by this Professional:
- Are TMJ Problems a Real Thing?
- How To Integrate TMJ Disorder Into Total Healthcare
- TMD and Sleep the Connection
- TMJ Disorder and Exercise
- A Healthy Smile Means a Healthy Body
- Why the TMJ Is So Important
- How MFT Can Help AHI, OSA, and Other Abbreviations
- The Dental Health and the Human Body
- Conditions that Affect TMJ Disorder and Other Comorbidities
- Are Tooth Extractions Helpful?
- The Management Of TMD Pain
- Visual Disturbances and How TMD Issues Might Correlate
- Non-Surgical Diagnosis and Management Of Head and Neck Pain
- The Serious Side Effects Of TMJ Disorder
- Looking Forward To the Best New Year Possible
- Dental Approach To Medical Conditions
- Beautiful Joints Make Beautiful Smiles
- Why TMJ Technology Is So Important
- What Can a TMJ Doctor Do For Me?
- Alternative Treatments For TMJ Patients
- The Need For Sleep
- Can a Dentist Help Reduce the Effects of Cancer?
- How the Dentist Can Improve Lives
- So Why Is the TMJ (Jaw Joint) So Important?
- A Dental Solution For Sleep Apnea