How Cannabis May Help With Cancer Treatment
Medical cannabis can help alleviate symptoms associated with a variety of physical and psychological conditions and has been proven to be especially therapeutic for individuals with cancer.
Cannabis and Cancer
Cannabis contains active compounds known as cannabinoids, which include THC and CBD. They are able to activate receptors throughout the body in much the same way as naturally occurring chemical in our endocannabinoid system.
These capabilities enable cannabis products to affect physiological functioning, alleviating many symptoms, and decreasing tumor activity.
Research on the Effects of Cannabis on Cancer
As cannabis legalization becomes more widespread and accepted, we see more support for current studies on cannabis as medicine at the national and international level—studies that were simply not sanctioned in prior years.
What Symptoms Can Cannabis Treat?
The areas about which most agree, include:
- Relief from nausea associated with chemotherapy.
- Reduction of pain and inflammation.
- Help with sleep
- Help with the psychological and physical discomfort associated with cancer
For More Information
There is a wealth of information online.
Many dispensaries have educational information available via their websites, and provide printed literature on-site.
Other Articles You May Find of Interest...
- October Is Breast HEALTH Awareness Month!
- Revitalize Your Health With Mild Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- How Cannabis May Help With Cancer Treatment
- The Future of Medical Marijuana in Oklahoma
- Copper vs. Stainless Steel Distillation Equipment: Which is Better for Essential Oils?
- COPD: Making Breathing Difficult For Millions of Americans
- COPD: Part 2