Who speaks for you in a health crisis when you can’t? An Emergency Care Card Can.
What would happen if you or your loved ones had a health emergency, and you couldn’t explain critical medical conditions or medications being taken? When seconds count, you need an instantly available capability that communicates critical medical information, an Emergency Care Card. It could save your life.
In the United States, there are 14 car accidents every minute, and every 40 seconds, someone has a stroke. Each year, 130 million people in the US will make an emergency room visit. The number of medical errors, complications, and infections in hospitals is frightening. According to the Patient Safety Movement Foundation, researchers estimate over 680 people a day die from these breakdowns in hospitals and validate why medical errors are the 3rd leading cause of death in the United States.
Car accidents, heart attacks, allergy or asthma attacks, injuries in the home, and trips to the emergency room, these are events that we never plan for. In these situations, how do you make sure medical professionals, loved ones, and caregivers follow your care needs and personal directives?
The answer is an Emergency Care Card that summarizes critical care needs before an emergency happens and makes the information available instantly when it is needed. Key contacts are known upfront for your designated doctor, a personal contact entrusted to get your care needs addressed, and a neighbor or friend to take care of mail, children or pets. After all, daily life goes on even in a health emergency.
An Emergency Care Card is more than a static index card. It’s a living document that could help keep you alive. In today’s information age, there are incredible options. Let’s consider the free YourHealth Emergency Care Card™ (ECC), which allows you to proactively create a digital summary that can speak for you if you can’t. It can display what is important for you to share in an emergency – health conditions, medications, allergies, and other critical information. It also lets you decide to whom to give access to this information. This ensures everyone in your trusted circle knows how to get to your core medical information, needs, and directives from the start.
The two pillars of the ECC are information and people, what needs to be known and who needs to know it — a Care Circle of medical professionals, a person you trust to represent you, a neighbor to care for your household chores. This is the circle of assurance that you want in a crisis or an emergency.
With YourHealth you are in charge of maintaining the ECC and have total control of what information is available. When your health situation changes, such as a change in medication, you can change it instantly online; there is never a need to go through a third party. You can also change access rights at any time.
Top 10 Benefits of Having an Emergency Care Card:
- Communicate vital life-saving information when you can’t speak for yourself
- Save time in an emergency with easy access to medical information
- Avoid life threatening drug interactions
- Provide contact information for doctors, caregivers, and neighbors
- Identify potential allergic reactions
- Supply information about chronic conditions
- Share ICE (In Case of Emergency) contacts and information
- Access vaccination records
- Protect your wishes with access to records and care directives
- Save your life!
We live busy lives. Protecting ourselves with the YourHealth ECC takes only minutes to fill out, and it could save your life. With an ECC, you are prepared before an emergency happens. You get peace of mind and emotional health assurance that you will get the right care, safer treatments, and better outcomes. You can try it today without cost or obligation, Click here to get your free ECC from YourHealth.
Other Articles You May Find of Interest...
- How Can Nurses Hone Their Skills To Stay Competitive In Their Jobs?
- The importance, role and responsibilities of nurse advocates
- Top reasons to work in the healthcare sector
- 5 Incredible Benefits of IV Drip Therapy
- 8 Portable Digital Tools Helping Medical Practitioners
- How College Students Can Protect Themselves and Their Families from Seasonal Illnesses this Holiday Season
- Who speaks for you in a health crisis when you can’t? An Emergency Care Card Can.