Bella Cosmetic Surgery
120 Waterfront Street
National Harbor, MD 20745
What Are Your Eyes Saying About You?
More than any other facial feature your eyes reveal the most about how you feel. When your eyes are bright and alert, you appear to be energized, well rested, and in control.
However, if you have lower eyelid puffiness, dark circles or drooping upper lids, others may assume that you are fatigued, angry or unhappy.
Is Cosmetic Eyelid
Surgery Right For Me?
Eyelid surgery is performed on men and women of all ages who want to improve their self-image. Most people have eyelid surgery to minimize the effects of aging. However, many people in their 20’s and 30’s may also benefit from the procedure.
You may be a good candidate for eyelid surgery if you have any of the following conditions:
• Excess skin that hides the natural fold of the upper eyelids
• Loose skin that hangs down from the upper eyelids
• Puffiness in the upper eyelids that creates a tired look
• Excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelids
• Puffy “bags” and, in some cases, dark circles
Your features and your surgeon’s preferences will determine the specific method used for your eyelid surgery.
Within the first week you may resume most of your normal (non-strenuous) activities and in a few weeks most traces of surgery will disappear. However, the skin around your eyes must be treated with extra care for several months.
When you go out during the day, you should wear sun block on your eyelids and darkly tinted sunglasses to protect your eyes from wind and sun irritation.
The results of cosmetic eyelid surgery are long lasting. However, keep in mind that your face will continue to age. You will therefore want to do all that you can to keep your face as youthful as your eyes. And your options are many – medical skin care products to retard the aging process, Botox to eliminate fine wrinkles, Restylane and Juvederm to firm sagging skin and add fullness, and perhaps in the future even a facelift.
Together, you and your plastic surgeon can design a program that meets your needs while restoring harmony and balance to your face.
Other Articles You May Find of Interest...
- Curly Hair: What Type Of Curly Cut Is Right For You?
- Hair Loss: How Is It Affecting Your “Sex Life”?
- Boost Your Beauty This Valentine’s Day
- Look and Feel Your Best: New Lasers and the Latest No-Downtime Procedures
- The Model Lift
- Forget the “New You” and Focus on the Real You
- How to Deal With Hormonal Acne