Lighthouse Family Dentistry
37 Old Solomons Island Road
Annapolis, MD 21401
Who doesn’t want to look their best? Who doesn’t want a good-looking smile? Your family dentist is the key professional who can help you have a healthy bright smile you are happy with and others like to look at. Take the cosmetic dentistry self-assessment test.
- Are my teeth as bright and white as I’d like them to be?
- Are my teeth different colors?
- Are my fillings and crowns showing their age? (And mine?)
- Are my teeth uneven, crowded, overlapped, spaced, or crooked?
- Are my gums healthy or are they bleeding or receding?
- Are any of my teeth loose or missing allowing the remaining teeth to shift position and changing my bite?
- Do stains on my teeth refuse to come off with whitening toothpastes or even a hygienist cleaning and polishing?
- Is my bridgework chipped, loose, or no longer match the other teeth?
- Is my removable partial denture wearing out? Are the teeth chipped or worn? Does it fit as well as it used to?
- Do I like my smile? Do others?
Your family dentist can offer many treatment options to help make your smile all it could be. Modern techniques, new and improved materials and advanced technologies can achieve superior results. All ages can be treated. Every smile can be improved.
Your unique situation and dental needs will be determined after your dentist does a comprehensive dental exam and has a face-to-face personal consultation and discussion to understand your special desires and expectations.
Cosmetic dentistry and total oral health are not totally separate nor is one always unrelated to the other. Some cosmetic procedures, i.e. whitening (bleaching) are mainly just that – for esthetics only – but other cosmetic procedures – orthodontics (braces, teeth straightening) have very significant effects on the overall health of your teeth, gums, and occlusion (bite) for a lifetime.
Most dental insurances do not cover cosmetic procedures. Dental insurance usually covers only things that are decayed, infected, or broken. Read your insurance coverage carefully and be prepared to pay out of pocket for uncovered cosmetic procedures. It is definitely worth it to get a healthy, bright and appealing smile you are not ashamed of. Go the extra mile and see your family dentist for more than a cleaning and cavity check. Ask what modern cosmetic dentistry can do for you. Who doesn’t want to look their best? A good looking smile can be yours with the help of your family dentist and other dental professionals.