April Toyer, DDS, FAAPD
Board Certified Pediatric Dentist
Degrees, Training and Certificates: Dr. Toyer attended the University of Virginia and received a degree in Biology and Bioethics in 2003. There she volunteered at the Charlottesville Free Clinic and developed a love for dentistry. Dr. Toyer attended dental school at the University of Maryland and took part in the Pediatric Dentistry Clerkship program. It was there that she met her husband, Dr. Leonard. During her summers off from dental school, Dr. Toyer worked for the Department of Education to be surrounded by young smiles. After graduating from dental school in 2007, she attended Howard University for her residency in pediatric dentistry, which she completed in 2009.
Professional Memberships: Dr. April became a Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry in 2011, which “certifies pediatric dentists based on standards of excellence that lead to high quality oral health care for infants, children, adolescents, and patients with special health care needs. Certification by the ABPD provides assurance to the public that a pediatric dentist has successfully completed accredited training and a voluntary examination process designed to continually validate the knowledge, skills, and experience requisite to the delivery of quality patient care.”
Hobbies: In her spare time Dr. Toyer enjoys writing, running, and playing the piano.
Practice Philosophy: Our mission is to provide our patients with the highest quality of pediatric, family, and cosmetic dental care in a warm, relaxing, and fun environment. Our office is a Dental Home that provides services for your family for a lifetime, from age 1 to 101.
Articles by this Professional:
- Your Guide To Choosing the Right Toothbrush
- Preventing Tooth Injuries During Your Child’s Active Summer
- Bottled Water Versus Tap Water
- Discoloration Of Children’s Teeth
- Flossing and Your Health
- Should You Replace Your Old Silver Fillings?
- Whiten Your Child’s Teeth Naturally
- Tips For a Healthy Smile This Holiday Season
- When To Worry About Thumb Sucking?
- The Common Cold and Your Oral Health
- Strengthen Your Child’s Teeth Through a Healthy Diet
- Does My Child Really Need Dental X-rays?
- What You Should Know About Your Child’s Teeth Grinding
- What Is With This Bad Breath?
Lifetime Dental Care
Lifetime Dental Care
14573 Potomac Mills Rd.
Woodbridge, VA 22192