11119 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
8316 Arlington Boulevard
Fairfax, VA 22031
Holiday Beauty At Any Age
This year, women and men of all ages are increasingly choosing non-surgical methods to improve their appearance and look more youthful, rather than going under the surgical knife – and with good reason.
Today’s non-invasive technology in the hands of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon can rejuvenate you dramatically, yet subtly. You can look completely natural, with no scarring or prolonged recovery time and be able to return immediately to normal activities. Others will be unaware that you’ve had anything done, unless you choose to tell them.
Here are four keys to help you choose the right doctor for your holiday makeover:
• Credentials Matter – The American Board of Medical Specialties certifies doctors in four core aesthetic specialties: dermatology, plastic surgery, facial plastic surgery and oculoplastic surgery. Doctors from these four specialties are recognized by the board as having the appropriate training and qualifications to perform cosmetic surgery safely and well. To determine whether your doctor is actually qualified to be performing cosmetic procedures, make sure to ask whether he or she is board certified, and in what specialty.
• Trust your Face and Body to an Expert – The most expert plastic surgeons and cosmetic dermatologists have decades of experience, and are deeply involved in teaching, training of other doctors, publications, and research. They teach at academy conferences for dermatology and plastic surgery, may steer physician-training programs, and serve as FDA study investigators or advisors for new cosmetic surgery technologies. Their clinics will be well equipped with the latest equipment, and well-trained staff.
• Look for Choices – Expert plastic surgeons and cosmetic dermatologists offer many different treatment options, so that your action plan can be customized to address your own unique pattern of aging. Depending on your needs, your cosmetic surgeon should be able to offer you a wide range of possible plans and solutions, including: neuromodulators (Botox, Dysport, Xeomin and Jeuveau); fillers; platelet-rich plasma (PRP); and fat grafting; state-of-the-art lasers for wrinkles, hair removal, sun spot and veins; and other advanced procedures such as non-surgical face lifting; skin tightening; non-surgical fat removal; laser resurfacing; leg vein removal; and permanent make-up. Even if you don’t choose all these, the fact that your surgeon offers them indicates expertise and a real commitment to cosmetic surgery. The more choices you have, the better.
• Look for the Latest Technology and Techniques – At this year’s dermatology, plastic surgery and facial plastic surgery academy conferences, there has been intense discussion of the science behind advanced facial analysis. This is the key to formulating individualized treatment plans for each patient’s specific needs, and strategies for combining technologies to achieve the best possible results. Ultherapy, one of the hottest new lasers, is the only treatment that is FDA-approved for non-surgical face and neck lifting, including tightening of your jawline and lifting of sagging cheeks and eyebrows. Ultherapy also lifts and tightens the chest, arms, knees, buttocks and other body areas.
Another hot laser is the Exilis Ultra, an upgrade from the previous Exilis Elite, which combines radiofrequency and ultrasound to stimulate your skin to make its own new collagen and elastic tissue. You can see dramatic improvement in the tightness and contours of your face, neck, abdomen, arms, buttocks, knees and other regions. The Exilis Ultra can also be used to non-invasively remove unwanted fat from your chin and jawline, and all body areas, and even to improve cellulite. The latest fat-busting breakthrough is to combine Exilis Ultra with other lasers, to comfortably, quickly and precisely melt away unwanted fat and also achieve total body contouring and skin tightening with no recovery time. Stretch marks and cellulite can also be improved.
The Syneron eMatrix Sublative Rejuvenation, eTwo and Triniti laser systems rejuvenate all three layers of your skin simultaneously with little or no down time. They remove wrinkles, sunspots and other pigmentation, broken blood vessels, scars and other blemishes, and tighten pores, so that your skin can regain its youthful, healthy glow.
The Fraxel Repair and CO2RE resurfacing lasers can also dramatically rejuvenate your face, neck, chest, hands or other body areas. Non-surgical volumizing with the natural fillers, Voluma, Volbella, Radiesse, Juvederm, Restylane and Belotero, removes under-eye hollows, bags, and jowls, and restores youthful fullness to your lips and cheeks, taking years, even decades, off your appearance. The CO2RE laser has an additional option – CO2RE Intima – to restore vaginal health and functionality and treat symptoms that many women experience after childbirth, in the ten years or so before menopause, or after menopause. Many patients describe how this treatment has transformed their quality of life.
Other fillers such as Sculptra and your own natural fat can be added. Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) with microneedling, the so-called “Vampire Facelift,” is another new option. Advanced Botox, Dysport, Xeomin and Jeiveau techniques safely smooth out worry lines, frown lines, crow’s feet, and wrinkles around your mouth and on your neck, while preserving completely natural facial expressions. Expert techniques can even reshape your face to make it look younger and more beautiful.
If you follow these four keys – and seek the advice of a true expert – you can balance how you look and feel, and enjoy the holidays and beyond projecting youth, energy and vitality.
Other Articles You May Find of Interest...
- A Greener Approach To Menstrual Health
- Navigating the Shadows: Understanding Postpartum Depression For Black and Brown Mothers
- Causes and Symptoms Of Postpartum Depression
- Cervical Health: Prevention, Support, and Working Towards Elimination
- Understanding the Treatments Offered at a Fertility Clinic
- Reasons For Choosing Weight Loss Surgery
- 8 Common Health Risks of Premature Birth and How to Prevent Them