Advantages Of Dental Implants Over Dentures and Partials, Part II
4. Implants will improve digestion because you will be able to chew better, stronger and safely. Choking is still a leading cause of death in the U.S.A. You will be able to eat, just like when you had teeth
5. In the long run dental implants are easier on your pocketbook. When you compare the day to day cost of dental implant treatment versus sometimes questionable root canals, replacing crowns, replacing bridges and performing periodontal treatment on questionable teeth, it is many times more cost efficient to use dental implants. With implants the buck usually stops there. You do have to take care of your investment with regular dental visits, brushing and flossing.
6. Implants are good for your self-esteem and give you a major change in life style. Youngsters may worry about losing their teeth but adults should not. You can go out in public, eat a steak, bite into an apple, sing, and have a regular life. I have had patients tell me that they felt embarrassed because their grandchildren laughed at their teeth or they avoided dating or the simple pleasure of kissing or seeking a job promotion because of their teeth or dentures. This can change – and for the better.
7. Implants are used to replace many parts of the human body and they are accepted because they are made of biocompatible materials, which mean friendly to the body. I have been placing and restoring dental implants for 21 years and have rarely seen any implant related health problems. The problems, if any, are related to how the patient maintains the implants.
In summary, implants offer these major health advantages: they enable you to chew your food properly and have a healthy digestion and nutrition; they can even help you live longer; they prevent further bone and gum shrinkage; and implants also eliminate the psychological issues associated with wearing dentures and partials.
However, I will state this, the Mayo Clinic did a study some time ago and found that people without teeth, live on the average, 5 years less than those with teeth. Dental implants are also used to support remaining natural teeth and bridges and anchor dentures. These are some of the advantages of dental implants. So, can you imagine a life without dentures?
Other Articles You May Find of Interest...
- Maintain a Clean, Healthy Mouth During the Holidays
- Original Tongue Rejuvenation Permanently Cures Chronic Bad Breath
- Tips For a Healthy Smile This Holiday Season
- How Orthodontic Treatment Benefits Adult Patients
- A Healthy Smile Means a Healthy Body
- Improve Your Health This New Year: Take Care Of Your Teeth and Gums
- Choosing an Orthodontist