11119 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
8316 Arlington Boulevard
Fairfax, VA 22031
Holiday Beauty On a Budget
Holiday Beauty On a Budget
As the holidays approach, your thoughts may be turning to office parties, get-togethers with friends and family and other festive occasions. And you may end up being photographed more times in the next couple of months than at any other time of the year. Here are four tips for looking and feeling your best this holiday season, even if youre on a budget.
1. Try a nonsurgical face lift. If youre noticing bags or hollows under your eyes, flattened cheekbones, lines around your mouth, thinning lips or a sagging jawline, the solution is nonsurgical face lifting with natural fillers such as Perlane, Restylane, Juvederm and Evolence. Its not only less expensive than going under the knife; youll get completely natural results with no scarring and avoid a done look. Botox or Dysport can be added to safely and gently smooth out forehead lines, crows feet and neck wrinkles. An added bonus is that you wont have to take precious vacation time to recover youll have little or no down time and can usually return to normal activities straight after treatment.
2. Choose multi-tasking treatments. An expert cosmetic surgeon understands and combines state-of-the-art minimally invasive procedures to enhance your results and make them last longer, giving you more “bang for your buck”. For example, if fillers such as Perlane, Restylane and Evolence are injected with expert technique, they will stimulate your skin to produce its own collagen, improving and prolonging your results. The Syneron Triniti system is a revolutionary three-step skin rejuvenation plan that simultaneously rejuvenates and tightens all your skin layers. Expert Botox or Dysport before Fraxel laser gives you better, longer-lasting results. The new LipoLite laser safely and precisely removes stubborn, unwanted fat deposits from your abdomen, thighs, chin, arms and elsewhere and also dramatically tightens your skin; LipoLite can be combined with VelaShape treatment to contour your face and body and also improve stretch marks and cellulite. Look for offices that will discount your combination treatments or even throw in some of your treatments for free.
3. Consider permanent makeup. Forget about raccoon eyes and harsh, over-dark lipliner. New techniques for permanent makeup, such as feathering, give soft natural definition to your eyebrows, eyes and lips. An expert, certified permanent make up artist working under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon can select colors that bring out the natural beauty of your eyes and transform your face. Youll save both money and time through not having to apply and touch up your makeup every day, and youll always look picture-perfect.
4. Select the best surgeon. Its a false economy to compromise on expertise. The best value lies in the best results. The American Board of Medical Specialties recognizes doctors who are board certified in dermatology or plastic surgery as having the appropriate training and qualifications to be cosmetic surgeons. You may wish to look for a cosmetic surgeon who is a national physician educator and involved in the latest research, as that will assure you of the most expert techniques, extensive experience and the best technologies. Its important that your surgeon can offer you several different options, not just one single wrinkle laser or a cookie cutter approach to rejuvenation. That way, your action plan is individualized to address your own unique pattern of aging.
When todays minimally invasive cosmetic procedures are properly performed, they are completely undetectable to others, balance your inner vibrance and energy with your outer persona to give you that holiday glow and simply make you look as if you never age!
Other Articles You May Find of Interest...
- Sculpting a Healthier You: Understanding EmSculpt for Targeting Problem Areas
- Botox Myths and Facts
- Preventing Ingrown Hairs After Laser Hair Removal: Tips from Experts
- Cold Winter Air and Skin Health: A Plastic Surgeon’s Perspective
- Embrace Radiance: The Winter Fire and Ice Facial for Glowing Skin
- Look and Feel Your Best: New Lasers and the Latest No-Downtime Procedures
- Redefining Recovery: Comparing Korean vs. American Plastic Surgery Healing Times