11119 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
8316 Arlington Boulevard
Fairfax, VA 22031
Holiday Beauty At Any Age Four Keys To Find the Right Doctor
This year, men and women are increasingly choosing non-surgical methods to improve their appearance and look more youthful, rather than going under the surgical knife, and with good reason. Today's non-invasive technology helps rejuvenate you dramatically, yet subtly. It's also more economical. You can look completely natural, without scarring and be able to return to normal activities, while others will be unaware that you've had anything done, unless you choose to tell them.
Here are four keys to help you choose the right doctor for your holiday makeover.
1. Credentials The American Board of Medical Specialties certify doctors in specialties and can provide guidance on what credentials mean. Dermatology, plastic surgery, facial plastic surgery and oculoplastic surgery, are the four recognized core specialties in the area of cosmetic surgery, and board certification in one of these specialties may help you feel confident and comfortable with your doctor.
2. Select an Expert The most expert cosmetic surgeons are very involved in the field and have a lot of experience and training. You might also notice them steering physician training programs, or serving as FDA study investigators or advisors for new cosmetic surgery technologies. Their offices usually will be well equipped with the latest equipment, with well-trained staff. A search of the medical literature will usually find them quoted, or referenced, in several places.
3. Look For Choices Cosmetic surgeons offer many different treatment options, so that your action plan can be customized to address your own unique pattern of aging.
Depending on your needs, your cosmetic surgeon should be able to offer you a wide range of possible plans and solutions, including Botox, Dysport and Xeomin, Restylane, Juvederm, Belotero, Radiesse, Scupltra and other fillers, state-of-the-art lasers for wrinkles, hair removal, sun spot and veins, and also advanced procedures such as Ulthera nonsurgical face lifting, Accent skin tightening, LipoLite nonsurgical laser fat removal, Fraxel and CO2RE laser resurfacing, Asclera for leg veins, and permanent make-up.
Even if you don't choose all these, the fact that your surgeon offers them can indicate a real commitment to cosmetic surgery, and the more choices you have, the better.
4. Look For the Latest Technology and Techniques Ulthera, one of the hottest new lasers for 2012, is the only laser that is FDA approved for nonsurgical face lifting. It is a quick and completely noninvasive way to recontour your jawline, tighten your neck and lift sagging cheeks and brows.
The other hottest laser is the CO2RE resurfacing laser, which uses radiofrequency to make your treatment more precise and effective with less down time. You can see dramatic improvement in wrinkles, pigmentation, scars, pores and other blemishes and your skin will regain its youthful, healthy glow.
Syneron eMatrix and Triniti laser systems rejuvenate all three layers of your skin simultaneously with little or no down time by removing wrinkles, discolorations, scars and broken blood vessels, and tightening your skin and pores.
The newest Fraxel laser, the Fraxel Repair, also can dramatically rejuvenate your face, neck, chest, hands or other body areas. The new Alma Accent and Harmony lasers tighten skin non-surgically and also treat sunspots, broken blood vessels and unwanted hair.
Nonsurgical volumizing with the natural fillers, Radiesse, Perlane and Restylane, removes under-eye hollows, bags, and jowls, and restores youthful fullness to your lips and cheeks, taking years, even decades, off your appearance. Other fillers such as Juvederm and Sculptra can be added.
New Botox, Dysport and Xeomin techniques safely smooth out worry lines, frown lines, crow's feet, and wrinkles around your mouth and on your neck, while preserving your natural facial expressions. The latest fat-busting breakthrough is the LipoLite, which safely, comfortably and precisely melts away unwanted fat from areas such as your abdomen, thighs, arms and chin and also dramatically tightens your skin, with little or no recovery time. LipoLite can be combined with Velashape to also improve cellulite and stretch marks.
If you follow these four keys, you can balance how you look with how you feel, and start the holidays projecting youth, energy and vitality.
Other Articles You May Find of Interest...
- Avoiding Opioids After Surgery: A Plastic’s Surgeon’s Secrets
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Acupuncture and Meditation
- Sculpting a Healthier You: Understanding EmSculpt for Targeting Problem Areas
- Botox Myths and Facts
- Preventing Ingrown Hairs After Laser Hair Removal: Tips from Experts
- Cold Winter Air and Skin Health: A Plastic Surgeon’s Perspective