11119 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
8316 Arlington Boulevard
Fairfax, VA 22031
Four Tips For the Best Dysport and Botox
Botox has now overtaken Viagra to become the most publicly recognized medical treatment. Now there is also a new treatment to safely smooth out your wrinkles, Dysport, which works like Botox, but a little faster. Consult an expert board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to find out if Dysport or Botox is right for you.
Here are some basic Dysport and Botox principles that I use when teaching doctors nationally and internationally. These principles are equally useful for men and women who are considering having Dysport or Botox.
1. Understand the science. As you age, some of your facial muscles become overactive, causing “hyperdynamic wrinkles” between your eyebrows, on your forehead and neck, and around your eyes and mouth. Tiny amounts of Dysport or Botox can be gently injected just beneath your skin to relax and re-balance overactive muscles, giving you a smoother, younger appearance.
Dysport and Botox have been extensively studied and were shown to be safe and effective when they were FDA-approved for treatment of frown lines. Many further studies have resulted in thousands of scientific papers. Besides their use for no downtime wrinkle relaxing, Botox and Dysport are used safely for a myriad of medical conditions including lazy eye in children and excessive sweating.
2. See the whole picture. Advanced Dysport or Botox doesn't just smooth frown lines; it can actually shape your face to restore youthful contours, making you look years younger, and it is completely undetectable. For instance, if your eyebrows have dropped and flattened, making your eyelids heavier, a little Dysport or Botox in the right places will make you look and feel much better by lifting and subtly arching your brows, which adds definition and sparkle to your eyes.
A drooping mouth or neck can be similarly lifted with expert Dysport or Botox. Ironically, many celebrities who are criticized for being “over-Botoxed” are really victims of over-zealous surgery, whereas many who are most admired for their beauty have regular expert Dysport or Botox treatments.
3. Remember fillers and lasers. One of the newest concepts is combining the natural fillers, Perlane, Restylane and Radiesse, and state-of-the-art lasers such as Ulthera, eMatrix or Fraxel to achieve a scar-free, non-surgical face lift that prevents you from ever having to go under the knife. Advanced techniques give natural lift and rejuvenation, and your skin is stimulated to produce its own collagen, which tightens it from within and gives longer-lasting results.
4. Best value Dysport and Botox tips. Botox, Dysport, Restylane, Radiesse and other fillers require maintenance. This allows treatments to be adjusted to fit your face as you age so that you always look completely natural and you may even be told that you never seem to age. Dysport and Botox maintenance not only smoothes wrinkles, it also helps prevent them from deepening.
For the best result, select a cosmetic surgeon who has years of experience with these treatments and understands how to treat your whole face and neck, not just your frown lines. When comparing pricing, make sure you know the Dysport or Botox concentration. More dilute Botox or Dysport may cost less in the short term but more in the long term, as you will need more frequent re-treatments.
Most importantly of all, choose an expert dermatologist or plastic surgeon who can individualize your treatment to address your own unique aging pattern. The most expert doctors are often actively involved in cutting-edge teaching, research and public education.
Other Articles You May Find of Interest...
- Sculpting a Healthier You: Understanding EmSculpt for Targeting Problem Areas
- Botox Myths and Facts
- Preventing Ingrown Hairs After Laser Hair Removal: Tips from Experts
- Cold Winter Air and Skin Health: A Plastic Surgeon’s Perspective
- Embrace Radiance: The Winter Fire and Ice Facial for Glowing Skin
- Look and Feel Your Best: New Lasers and the Latest No-Downtime Procedures
- Redefining Recovery: Comparing Korean vs. American Plastic Surgery Healing Times