Maragh Dermatology, Surgery & Vein Institute – Ashburn
45155 Research Place
Ashburn, VA 20147
Maragh Dermatology, Surgery & Vein Institute – Warrenton
419 Holiday Court
Warrenton, VA 20186
Maragh Dermatology, Surgery & Vein Institute – Rockville
14995 Shady Grove Road
Rockville, MD 20850
Enjoy the Summer Sun And Reduce Your Risk Of Skin Cancer and Aging
You can enjoy the sun this summer without increasing your risk of skin cancer and signs of aging with a few simple tips:
- Generously apply sunscreen to all exposed skin using a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 30 that provides broad-spectrum protection from both ultraviolet A, (UVA), and ultraviolet B, (UVB), rays. Re-apply every two hours, even on cloudy days, and after swimming or sweating.
- Wear protective clothing, a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses.
- Seek shade during the peak sun hours. The sun’s rays are the strongest between 10am and 4pm.
- Use extra caution near water and sand as they reflect the damaging rays of the sun which can increase your risk of sunburn.
- Get vitamin D safely through a healthy diet that includes vitamin supplements.
- Avoid tanning beds. Ultraviolet light from the sun and tanning beds causes skin cancer and wrinkling. Consider using a sunless self-tanning product for a fresh “sun-kissed” look.
Turn Back the Hands Of Time
If you’re an active person, chances are you spend more than your fair share of time in the sun. And if you’re over 30, you are more than likely to show signs of premature aging due to sun damage on areas including the face, neck, chest and hands.
With laser skin rejuvenation treatments, you can now treat sun spots, pigmented lesions and overall skin texture – giving you a more revitalized appearance than you’ve had in year.
Laser rejuvenation treatments work by eliminating irregularities in the skin, such as enlarged blood vessels or irregular pigment.
The skin is rejuvenated without scarring or damage, while stimulating collagen production to tighten the surrounding tissue, resulting in improved skin texture and reduced signs of aging.
Unlike other treatments that remove an outer layer of skin and require significant healing time, laser treatments work by gently penetrating the skin to destroy the underlying vessels and pigment that are the cause of the problem. The outer skin itself is not damaged.
Take care of yourself and your skin. Schedule your consultation with a dermatologist for more information.