11119 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
8316 Arlington Boulevard
Fairfax, VA 22031
Beauty On a Budget Four Keys To Find the Right Doctor
This year, published surveys from the American Society of Plastic Surgery, the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery and other organizations reveal that men and women are increasingly choosing non-surgical methods to improve their appearance and look more youthful, rather than going under the surgical knife… and with good reason. Today's non-invasive technology can rejuvenate you dramatically, yet subtly. It's also more economical. You can look completely natural, without scarring and be able to return to normal activities, while others will be unaware that you've had anything done unless you choose to tell them.
Here are four keys to help you choose a doctor for your Summer Holiday Makeover.
1. Credentials The American Board of Medical Specialties certifies doctors in specialties based on their training, and can provide guidance on what credentials mean. Dermatology, plastic surgery, facial plastic surgery, and oculoplastic surgery are recognized Core Specialties in the area of cosmetic surgery, and board certification in one of these specialties may help you feel confident and comfortable with your doctor's training and expertise.
2. Select an Expert Expert cosmetic surgeons are very involved in the field and have a lot of experience and training. You might also notice them serving as FDA study investigators or advisors for new cosmetic surgery technologies, teaching at professional academies including the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), and American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS) and on Advisory Committees and Boards of Directors for other medical conferences and programs that train dermatologists and plastic surgeons. Their offices usually will be well equipped with the latest equipment, and well-trained staff. A search of the medical literature will usually find them quoted, or referenced, in several places.
3. Look For Choices Cosmetic surgery specialists offer many different treatment options, so that your action plan can be customized to address your own unique pattern of aging. Depending on your needs, your cosmetic surgeon should be able to offer you a wide range of possible plans and solutions, including Botox; Hair Laser; Fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane, Radiesse and Sculptra; Fraxel and other state-of-the-art Lasers; and also advanced procedures such as Ulthera nonsurgical face and neck lifting, LipoLite laser lipolysis, body contouring and permanent make-up.
Even if you don't choose all these, they can indicate your doctor has a real commitment to cosmetic surgery, and the more choices you have, the better.
4. Look For the Latest Technology and Techniques Ulthera, the hottest new laser, is the only laser that is FDA approved for nonsurgical face and neck lifting. It is a quick and completely noninvasive way to recontour your jaw line, tighten your neck and lift sagging cheeks and brows. Ulthera also gives excellent lifting of the arms, buttocks and other areas. Syneron eMatrix and Triniti laser systems rejuvenate all three layers of your skin simultaneously with little or no down time by removing wrinkles, discolorations, scars and broken blood vessels, and tightening your skin and pores. The Accent and Pixel lasers also tighten skin, fade wrinkles and give your skin a luminous glow.
The newest Fraxel laser, the Fraxel Repair, also dramatically rejuvenates your face, neck, chest, hands, or other body areas. Nonsurgical volumizing with natural fillers such as Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, Belotero, and Sculptra removes under-eye hollows and bags and jowls and restores youthful fullness to your lips and cheeks, taking years, even decades, off your appearance. Blunt cannulas are a European innovation that reduces or eliminates bruising from fillers.
New Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin techniques safely smooth out worry lines, frown lines, crow's feet, and wrinkles around your mouth and on your neck, while preserving your natural facial expressions. The latest fat-busting breakthrough is the LipoLite, which safely, comfortably, and precisely melts away unwanted fat from areas such as your abdomen, thighs, arms, and chin and also dramatically tightens your skin, with little or no recovery time. LipoLite can be combined with Velashape to also improve cellulite and stretch marks.
These new technologies can be used by a cosmetic surgeon who understands skin of different ethnicities and cultures to safely and effectively rejuvenate both pigmented and non-pigmented skin. If you follow these four keys, you can balance how you look with how you feel and start your holidays and the fall projecting youth, energy, and vitality.
Other Articles You May Find of Interest...
- Natural Skin and Hair Health Tips For 2023
- When to Inject: Botoplace CoFounder Gives a Unique Perspective
- Improve Your Health This New Year: Take Care Of Your Teeth and Gums
- Acupuncture and Meditation
- “My Hair Loss Is Destroying My Life – Help!”
- Non-Surgical Facial Rejuvenation
- 4 Cosmetics for Allergy Sufferers