Women and Hair Loss
Hair loss can be a very emotional experience. In addition to the stress of hair loss, for females, many feel they are suffering through hair loss alone. For many women losing their hair can be shocking, embarrassing and distressing. The emotional strain of hair loss can be unhealthy, not to mention traumatic in one’s day-to-day life.
According to the American Association of Dermatology (AAD), hair loss for women is common.
- 30 million American women are affected by hereditary hair loss.
- Women actually make up 40% of American hair loss sufferers.
- In quality-of-life studies, women experiencing hair loss reported a higher incidence of behavior that interfered with their daily lives including a significant loss of self-esteem, being introverted, feeling less attractive and tense feelings in public places.
- The average person loses 50 to 100 hairs per day.
The reality is, women suffering from hair loss are not alone and do not need to suffer in silence any longer. The advanced NeoGraft technology has allowed skilled physicians to conduct follicular unit extraction (FUE) with an advanced automated system that ensures precision, consistency and natural looking results.
The NeoGraft procedure is a discrete, minimally-invasive hair restoration solution. There is no linear scaring which allows patients the flexibility of any hair style, short or long. On average, recovery times are quick and there are few activity restrictions following the procedure.
A certified NeoGraft provider will be able to assess your specific needs in your initial consultation and determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure.
How the Procedure Works
Step One Donor Hair Removal. The procedure begins with hair being removed from the donor area in the back of your head where your hair is genetically programmed to resist testosterone.
Step Two Separation Of the Follicular Units. Each graft is extracted with the same consistency in diameter and length, resulting in a dramatically increased take rate.
Step Three Creation Of the Recipient Sites. Recipient sites are then created in the proper angle, direction and orientation according to the artistic hair transplant plan designed specifically for you.
Step Four Placement Of the Hair Graft. The follicular units are then carefully separated by size. Graftsare transplanted into the balding and thinning areas of your scalp. Each graft is meticulously harvested as it naturally occurs and implanted individually to ensure the best results.
So, if you are losing, or have lost, hair and want a great solution to replace it or thicken your hair, now is the time to look into NeoGraft you’ll be happy you did.
Other Articles You May Find of Interest...
- Exploring the Intersection of Food, Wellness, and Motherhood
- Is ThermiVa Right For You?
- Pregnant and Suffering?
- Conservative Solutions: Pregnancy Related Pelvic and Back Pain, Incontinence and Abdominal Muscle Separation
- 7 Supplements That Help With Fertility
- Supplements to Look Into This Winter
- Postnatal Mental Health Problems and How to Deal with Them