11119 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
8316 Arlington Boulevard
Fairfax, VA 22031
More Women's Health & Beauty Articles
360 MAKEOVER Five Tips For Perfect Lips
If, as the poets say, your eyes are the window to your soul then surely your lips are the pathway to your heart. An expert cosmetic surgeon can enhance and rejuvenate your lips so skillfully that others will envy your good fortune in being born with “naturally perfect” lips… unless you choose to tell them differently! Here are the newest ways to perfect your lips and add timeless beauty to your face.
If your lips are naturally thin, or they have lost volume and shape with age, they can be restored to youthful fullness by the gentle injection of Restylane, Perlane or Juvederm. These fillers replace hyaluronic acid, a sugar-based substance that is naturally present in your lips and skin where it provides support and structure.
In recent continuing medical education lectures and articles for the renowned health education web site, Medscape/WebMD, I taught cosmetic and plastic surgeons a new method of combining Perlane and Restylane to achieve spectacular rejuvenation of the lips and eyes. The Perlane provides lift while the Restylane provides precision shaping.
With this breakthrough technique, you will have little or no swelling or bruising and you can return to regular activities immediately. You will achieve natural-looking results and avoid an unnatural-looking “trout pout.” Here are the five keys to natural-looking lip enhancement
1. Balance your lips. An upper lip that overhangs your lower lip, as sported by many unfortunate Hollywood celebrities, is a dead giveaway of having had work done. You can enhance your lips dramatically and still look natural if your upper lip is always kept slightly less full than your lower lip.
2. Keep the taper. Natural lips are fullest in the center and gradually become thinner at the edges. Skillful lip enhancement maintains this taper and avoids a telltale “sausage lip” appearance.
3. Remember the frames. One of the new concepts I introduced on Medscape/WebMD is that your lips have two frames that support them. The “immediate” frame can be treated with Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm, and also Botox or Dysport if desired, to lift a drooping mouth.
State-of-the-art, no downtime lasers such as the. Syneron Matrix RF and Triniti can be added to remove sun spots, wrinkles and spider veins, and to tighten your skin. Treatment of the “peripheral” frame, which extends all the way to your jawline and your ears, can nonsurgically lift the whole of your lower face. The revolutionary new LipoLite is a perfect addition to nonsugical lifting. It safely and quickly removes unwanted fat from your chin and neck and tightens your jawline.
4. Keep the white line. Youthful lips have a slightly lighter colored area of skin, known as the white line at the junction where your lips meet the skin that surrounds them (you may see this if you examine your mouth closely in the mirror). This white line should be enhanced when fillers are injected into your lips. If your white line is diminished by incorrect injection techniques, your lips will look unattractive and obviously done.
5. Keep the lip lines. Some wrinkles are good for example, the fine vertical lines that occur naturally on all lips. Its often stated that these lines are lost with lip augmentation, making your lips look less natural. With the dual Perlane-Restylane injection technique, these lines can be preserved, to give you lovely lips that look completely natural.
Other Articles You May Find of Interest...
- Conservative Solutions: Pregnancy Related Pelvic and Back Pain, Incontinence and Abdominal Muscle Separation
- 7 Supplements That Help With Fertility
- Supplements to Look Into This Winter
- Postnatal Mental Health Problems and How to Deal with Them
- Reasons For Choosing Weight Loss Surgery
- Tips To Take Care Of Your Newborn
- Low Estrogen Worsens Holiday Stress