Would You Like To Know The Root Cause Of Your Health Problems?
As you know, the mouth is the window to overall health and dentists are the ones to see the first signs of disease in patients’ mouths, including young children. Bleeding gums, is not just a sign of gum disease, but is also a sign of systemic inflammation. Diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, blood disorders, cancers and autoimmune diseases show signs in the mouth before they show up in blood work. Even the side effects of prescription medications, such as dry mouth, smooth and burning tongue, decalcification of tooth enamel, etc., are seen in the mouth.
One in three adults over 40 have high blood pressure, signs of diabetes, metabolic syndrome and don’t know they do. Even children are already suffering from diabetes. This is an epidemic that has never been seen before.
Nutrient deficiencies and toxicities are the two main reasons why we get sick. Did you know that your prescription drugs may not be required if you find out the root cause of your health problems? There is definitely a cause and a cure. There is a very comprehensive test, called the CardioION® nutritional profile test. This test checks all of the following, which conventional blood work does not, and shows the person’s own unique body’s biochemistry.
The CardioION is a combination of nutritional tests that gives a nutritional assessment and identifies risk factors for cardiovascular disease (CVD). Specifically, this nutritional test measures levels of fatty acids, amino acids, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, organic acids, and risk factors for CVD.
Fatty acid imbalances can lead to chronic inflammation. Current research finds levels of specific fatty acids to be strongly correlated to CVD:
• High fibrinogen is associated with increased risk of clots and CVD
• Homocysteine is an important risk factor for CVD, stroke and dementia.
• Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is essential for proper mitochondrial function and energy use. It also acts as an antioxidant. Cardiac cells have high mitochondrial demand. Statins can decrease CoQ10 levels.
• Fasting insulin is an indicator of insulin resistance. Hyperinsulinemia has been associated with a cluster of CVD risk factors.
• Insufficient antioxidant status is associated with increased oxidation. Oxidative damage is believed to play a role in heart and vascular disease by promoting inflammation.
CardioION can guide treatment of many conditions and symptoms, including:
• Chronic fatigue syndrome
• Immune disorders
• Mental/emotional disorders
• Learning and behavior disorders
• Multiple chemical sensitivities
• Inflammatory conditions
Why order the Cardio ION?
An evaluation of standard lipid markers does not provide optimal assessment of risk. The CardioION nutritional test goes beyond conventional serum lipid markers. This nutritional test identifies critical CVD risk factors, including:
• RBC magnesium
• EPA and DHA levels
• C-reactive protein
• AA/EPA ratio
• Vitamin D
• Vitamin E (alpha tocopherol and gamma tocopherol)
The key to this test is the expert interpretation of the eleven-page result.